Woo-hoo! We’re so excited you can join us for the Middle School One-Day Retreat this Sunday. It’s going to be a great day.
Okay, just to help you know more about what to expect, what the day will be like and what to bring, here are a few things we want you to know:
1) If you haven’t already done so, go to amyouth.net and click on the MS One Day Retreat Going page and answer a few questions. We’ll have some fun with these at the retreat. Click the link after the next sentence to go to the MS One-Day Retreat Questionnaire page. We'll have an activity at the camp involving the answers to these questions. https://amchurch.ccbchurch.com/goto/forms/685/responses/new
2) The day is going to be so good. If you’re nervous about coming, don’t be. We promise you’ll
enjoy it. You’ll get to know people better. You’ll laugh a lot. And you’ll be encouraged by learning
more about our awesome God and what it means to live life in relationship with Him.
3) When 2nd service is over on Sunday, we’ll meet in the Refinery for lunch. It will take a few
minutes to get lunch ready, so you don’t need to run and knock down people in order to get there
in time for lunch. Just hang out for a little while and then we’ll have lunch. And if you want to
change into some other clothes for the rest of the day, you can (either before or after lunch.) If
you are going to 1st service on Sunday and need to know what time lunch will start, we assume
it will start around 11:50.
4) The weather for Sunday is supposed to be in the lower 70’s. That’s perfect weather to be at a
camp! So, you can wear shorts or pants or short sleeves or long sleeves. You’ll probably be
comfortable in whatever you wear. But wear clothes which will allow you to run around and play
games and such. And wear some tennis shoes or some kind of shoes you can be active in.
5) The camp we are going to is called Messiah’s Ranch. It’s about 25 minutes from our church
building. We’ll eat lunch before we go there, and we’ll eat supper either at camp or on the way
home. All of your meals are covered with your $10 registration fee for the retreat. (And because
this is not an overnight trip and we don’t have to make reservations with a camp for meals and
such, if you have any friends who want to come last-minute, or if you talk to people from church
who want to sign-up late, they can. Just let us know.)
6) We will be back to the church building by 7:00pm on Sunday. Intersection (our Sun night youth worship
time) will begin at 7:00. As always, it’s great if you can join us, but if you need to go home, that’s fine. At
Intersection we’ll be watching another episode of The Chosen together with all MS and HS students. And
the parent gathering class will happen at 7:00 along with the Kids’ Small Group for all younger kids.
7) Bring a Bible
Okay, if you have any questions, please let Monty or
Heather know. You can call us or text us or email us or
just shout really loud outside your window. We probably
won’t hear the shouting, but your neighbors will think
you’re crazy and that will be fun to talk about.
See you Sunday!